How can Harrison High Court Enforcement help me recover debts owed to me?

If you have obtained a court judgment for recovery of the debt owed and have still not received complete settlement, Harrison High Court Enforcement are able to help. However, to use our services, you must have a High Court or a County Court Judgment for over £600 (including costs) and that debt must not be regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

You can access our service in two ways, either you can send us a sealed High Court writ addressed to one of our authorised officers, or, should you need help transferring your County Court Judgment (CCJ) to the High Court, we can provide a free service that takes care of this for you.

What is a High Court writ/writ of control?

The writ of control is the High Court equivalent of the County Court Warrant of Execution which provides for the enforcement of a judgment by way of seizure and sale of a debtor's assets by a High Court Enforcement Officer, rather than that of a County Court Bailiff.

There are also a variety of other types of High Court writs including writs of possession which we are also able to enforce on your behalf.

How do I transfer my own CCJ?

For those who do not wish to use our free transfer-up service or their own solicitor, the first thing you need to do is obtain a CCJ. This can be done at court or online, with a fee of £66 payable to Her Majesty's Courts and Tribunals Service (HMCTS). You will need to give a number of details including the debtor's full name and address and the sum owed to you.

Once you have obtained the CCJ, you need to complete a N293a.pdf and return it to the district registry to be sealed. Please remember to instruct Harrison High Court Enforcement by including the name of one of our authorised officers in the relevant section of the form. Harrison High Court Enforcement has three authorised officers; Dion Harrison, Andrew Bradley and Stephen Lambert. You may include any one of these names on the document.

When you receive your sealed writ of control, it is important to keep a copy for your own records and send the original writ to us.

What powers does a High Court enforcement company/agent have?

A High Court writ of control allows us to access land and enter buildings, without invitation, for the purposes of seizing goods and assets.

We cannot force an entry to a private dwelling without first gaining peaceful admittance. Once inside we can return and force entry at a later date if necessary. This also applies to a combined business and private dwelling.

We can forcibly enter a dedicated business premises at any time, however, we must give the occupiers an opportunity to co-operate. When we do force entry we secure the premises again to at least the same standard we found beforehand. We usually give written notice of our intention to force entry.

Who is accountable for money recovered from the outstanding debt?

We have to hold monies we have recovered for a minimum of 14 days pursuant to The Insolvency Act.

This is in case the debtor goes into insolvency during in this 14 day period. In these circumstances we may have to pay the money to the Official Receiver (where the debtor is an individual or partnership), or to the Liquidator (where the debtor is a limited company).

In practice we hold money for 14 days. We will then account for the available money on a sharing arrangement, retaining a portion towards our fees from the total collected, upto the full value of our fees.

What if the debtor still fails to pay?

If the debtor still fails to pay we return to the address with removal contractors, force entry if necessary and remove the seized goods to our auctioneers. We usually give a written warning of our intention to do this. This approach means that debtors are always well informed and have opportunity to settle the outstanding amount and prevent the removal of their goods.

When the goods are sold we will send you a full account with our report. If there is a balance owing then your solicitor can advise you on what steps to take next.

Do you accept payment arrangements for debtors?

Some debtors will seek to come to an arrangement to pay by instalments, we always seek any proposal to be made in writing (were necessary completed income and expenditure forms) together with the first payment, which is accepted on account. On receipt of a proposal we will then take your instructions as to whether this is acceptable or not.

Before putting any proposals forward , we will attend at the debtors property in order to assess the situation and the position in respect of any assets the debtor might have.